«Sbrisoletta al mele»
So far, yet so near: the amazing (and easy) apple taste is ultimately a question. I’d say it resembles our own halva, so beautiful and you can replace the pine nuts with toasted almonds. My daughter (and her friends, and their mothers) the love!
For the dough:
* 200 gr. flour, all purpose
* 200 gr. fine semolina
* 200 gr. granulated sugar
* 200 gr. butter or margarine, very cold from the refrigerator or freezer
* 1 pinch salt
* 1 sachet baking powder (20 g).
FOR THE FILLING:
* 800 gr. apples (here goes the beautiful golden, but put what you have at home)
* 1 tablespoon black or golden raisins
* 1 tablespoon rum or sweet wine
* 1 tablespoon pine nuts and 2 tablespoons blanched and roasted almonds
* Zest and juice of half a lemon, cinnamon powder
* 1 egg yolk
* 1 glass of fresh whole milk
* Powdered sugar for garnish.
Preheat oven to 180 C and Grease and flour well a form with a diameter of 26 cm.Sieve the flour, baking powder, mix with the semolina and sugar and add the butter or margarine into cubes. We work quickly with fingertips in a mixer or whisk to whisk the eggs (see crumble) to get a crumb like mixture.
Prepare the filling: Peel the apples by peeling and coarse grater to grate. Stir in lemon juice and remaining filling ingredients. Pour a little more than half of the dough mixture to form smooth and flatten the surface covering the bottom and 1-2 inches on the side. Not pushing the dough to consolidate! Pour the filling and closing with the remaining dough, making sure not to push. Mix egg with milk and pour over the cake.Bake for about 45 minutes. Garnish with cinnamon and powdered sugar. The best enjoyed warm or at room temperature.