The waters surrounding our barrier Island provide for many unique opportunities. Swimming, fishing, dolphin watching, sailing, snorkeling, jet skiing, wind surfing, and kite boarding are just a few of the activities taking place daily in the Laguna Madre here at South Padre Island. The Island boasts some of the best fishing in the country. Whether you are going fishing off of the jetty, wade fishing along the beach or bay, going on a bay fishing or offshore fishing charter, you are likely to hook into some red snapper, grouper, redfish, snook, flounder, trout, tuna, marlin and more.
he beaches of South Padre Island are simply the best in Texas! There are no privately owned beaches in Texas, so everyone is welcome to enjoy every inch of the entire coast line. There are beach access points every few blocks along Gulf Blvd, or you can go to one of the county park beaches where you’ll find pavilions with picnic tables, playgrounds, restrooms, and showers. Travel Channel names South Padre Island as one of America’s best beaches for family beach travel. South Padre Island is the finest coastal resort in Texas, with beautiful clean beaches, tall sand dunes, and warm clear clean Gulf waters. * Note – Corpus Christi is North Padre Island, three hours north of South Padre Island
- Officials investigating sea turtle’s death on South Padre Island (valleycentral.com)
- The best salsa on South Padre Island doesn’t have tomatoes (minnesotatransplant.wordpress.com)
- 73 Spring Breakers arrested in three days on South Padre Island (valleycentral.com)
- Man o’war: All splash, no substance (minnesotatransplant.wordpress.com)
- South Padre Island (umsphfrontlines.wordpress.com)
- Spring Break debauchery on South Padre Island (fellowshipofminds.wordpress.com)